Thanks a lot to Monfor nominating me for this challenge (a while back) and giving such a juicy topic for us to write about. Since this is my first attempt, I took the 5 minute option. And as hard as it is on my OCD nature… I left in the typo.
Guts and glory, a dish best served hot.
wthe will, the need to achieve, to create.
Nothing humdrum, nothing prosaic, just a fire. Which burns, deep inside.
That says: “Hey! I AM SOMETHING SPECIAL!”
Without it, we are safe, small, domesticated.
Comfortable to be with, comfortable to look down on.
I choose passion. Not anonymity. Not peace.
And when I am done. There will be nothing left, but ash… It will have all been consumed, joyously, and without taking measure of the cost.
Word Count: 88 Challenge: 5 minutes
If I haven’t listed your name above and you would like to participate, I would be delighted. Just post a link in the comments section on this post.
Please do not feel pressurised to ‘play’, but I would love to read what you have to say.
- Open an MS Word document
- Set a stop watch or your mobile to 5 minutes or 10 minutes whichever challenge you think you can beat.
- You topic is at the foot of this post BUT DO NOT SCROLL DOWN TO SEE IT UNTIL YOU ARE READY WITH A TIMER.
- Fill the word doc with as many words as you want. Once you began writing do not stop even to edit.
- Do not cheat by going back and correcting spellings and grammar with spell check in MS WORD (it is only meant for you to reflect on your own control of sensible thought flow and for you to reflect on your ability to write the right spelling and stick to grammar rules).
- You may or may not pay attention to punctuation and capitals. However if you do, it would be best.
- At the end of your post write down ‘No. Of words =_____’ so that we would have an idea of how much you can write within the time frame.
- Do not forget to copy paste the entire passage on your blog post with a new Topic for your nominees and copy paste these rules with your nominations (at least 5 bloggers, or as many as you think may enjoy the game).