Here are the rules for this challenge:
1) Thank the blogger who nominated you.
2) Link back to the challenge creator, Dreams and Movie Screens so she can track your progress.
3) Share 5 things about your future (jobs, kids, marriage, travel etc). Then one day you can look back and find out how psychic you really are.
4) Nominate someone else, to join in the dreaming.
Simple as anything!
Except of course, I am not 18, or 28, or 38 or even 48… Ok, so you get the picture!
The beauty about the future, is that we have one, even if it is scant seconds in our imagination. The power of the imagination is that nothing can exist, that has not been imagined. So, as an ancient, more-than-middle-aged woman, who has moved on from all the things she planned when she was 18, 28, 38 and 48, here is my list of 5 things:
- a holiday spot, on a white beach, that is quiet and empty of all but me, with endless days to breathe and just be;
- a small circle of friends, old and new, who remind me what it is to be real, and successful, and happy;
- a cosy home nestled between the mountains and the sea;
- I imagine my (now 18 year-old) daughter leading a fulfilled life and being challenged by a satisfying career;
- a legacy of stories that people will read, even when I am no longer here, for pleasure and their beauty.